Make 2022 The Year You TELL YOUR STORY!
A 90-minute "come-as-you-are" Q&A to discuss the art and craft of memoir while working through and asking questions about the book or essays you're working on.
This Subscription is Right for You if...
- You want consistent accountability so you can make incremental progress on your writing project.
- You've always wanted to write a memoir but you aren't quite sure where or how to start
- You are currently working on a writing project of your own and you aren't sure what the next steps are
- You are stuck and need help overcoming that writing block
- You've loved the ida of having a writing coach but you aren't quite ready to take the plunge
What You'll Get...
- Weekly 90-minute Zoom meeting on Monday evenings to ask questions specific to your writing project
- Direct access to Brad and his 30+ years of experience as an author and professional editor
- A safe space to explore writing techniques with other memoirists and help you tell your story in the way you were meant to
I am an author, journalist, teacher, and memoir-writing coach. I have 30-plus years' experience writing and editing books and stories at the highest levels of publishing.
I also know about trauma. I understand depression, addiction, and the shame that come with them. I’ve experienced painful emotional flashbacks. I have suffered from attachment wounds, addiction, shame, and self-defeating thinking patterns. These are the very demons that stopped me in my tracks mid-career and led to a five-year stint as an overmedicated, homebound zombie.
I've also been on a decade-long journey of healing. I've worked to overcome some of these issues, and I've learned to accept my limitations, too.
I am a writer whose work has appeared in the nation's top publications. I'm an experienced professional editor and a seasoned memoir writing instructor. I'm also a trained and certified yoga and mindfulness teacher. I have professional teaching certifications in both yoga and meditation.
I'm uniquely qualified to teach writing courses that help people write about their journeys of healing and personal transformation. (I am not a mental health professional.)
You’ve been on one hell of a journey. Make 2022 the year that you TELL YOUR STORY. Inhale, exhale. And start writing. I’ll show you how.
"I recently participated in a Zoom session offered by writing coach Brad Wetzler. The topic, Memoir Writing, was packed with more useful information than any introductory course I have ever attended. Brad is generous with his insight and wisdom; his authenticity and humor shine through. I learned how to tell a more compelling story, and to set “audience” aside for long enough to find and celebrate my voice. Brad is empowering others by sharing decades of writing experience and offering guidance in such an accessible platform. With thanks and respect."